Family Service Toronto (FST) helps people face a wide variety of life challenges. For 100 years we have been assisting families and individuals through counselling, community development, advocacy and public education programs. Our services are available to everyone who lives or works in Toronto.
Family Service Toronto envisions a city in which individuals, families and communities are resilient and thriving.
Family Service Toronto works with individuals and families in Toronto, destabilized by precarious socio-economic circumstances and/or mental health, to achieve greater resilience and stability in more just and supportive communities.
We achieve this through our direct service work of intervention and prevention which includes counselling, peer support and education; knowledge building and exchanging activities; and system-level work including social action, advocacy, community building and working with partners to strengthen the sector.
We are committed to:
- grounding our work in the lived experience of clients and the community
- celebrating diversity, pursuing equity and practising inclusion
Our definition of family:
Our name begins with “family” and we understand it to mean: Two or more people, whether living together or apart, related by blood, marriage, adoption or commitment to care for one another.
We know we are successful when:
- people live with dignity in thriving neighbourhoods and inclusive communities which are free of violence
- public policy is grounded in social and economic justice
- programs and services are accessible to all, especially to those who face barriers
- individuals and families navigate life challenges successfully and enjoy effective personal relationships
- people are able to realize their potential
Equity and Inclusion Policy
FST is committed to a policy of equity and inclusion. We strive to ensure that there is no discrimination on the basis of ethnicity, language, race, age, ability, gender, sexual orientation, income, political or religious affiliation in all aspects of our operation and at all levels of the agency.
Read Equity and Inclusion Policy.
Family Service Toronto Charitable Registration Number: 10737 6063 RR0001