Family Services Toronto’s (FST) Transitional and Housing Support Program (THSP) provides a continuum of supports and services to women (self-identified) and their dependents to:
- Access stable housing
- Obtain relevant supports to address and heal from violence/trauma
- Begin a path to independence and sustainability
THSP program goals
THSP aims to:
- Increase the safety of women and their dependents.
- Provide supports to maximize the capacity of women and their dependents to live free of violence.
- Assist and advocate for women and their dependents regarding their health, safety, and well-being.
- Assist women in healing from violence as well as supporting their dependents to heal from the effects of witnessing violence.
- Strengthen connections to safe and affordable housing supports and additional services, as needed.
- Assist women in building capacity to lead them to sustainable livelihoods.
Services and supports you can receive in the THSP program include:
- Referrals to different supports (i.e., financial, legal, etc.)
- Information regarding housing and support with housing applications.
- Ontario Works and ODSP among other applications
Who is eligible for this program?
The THSP Service is for women who identify themselves as having been abused by their partners or significant others (including caregiver or other immediate family/household member) or survivors of human trafficking, aged 18 years or older. Interpreter services are provided for the program.
How to register for the program?
Call FST’s Service Access Unit at 416-595-9618 or e-mail [email protected].