Seniors Community Connections (previously known as Illahee Community Connections) is a program for seniors’ groups within five cultural and linguistic communities: Iranian, Afghan, Somali and Spanish-speaking. Seniors from these communities meet in several locations in Toronto, and Family Service provides:
- workshops on topics relevant to seniors, such as stress management, elder abuse, healthy living, volunteering, and financial matters.
- outings to places of interest, such as the Aga Khan Museum, the ROM, and Niagara Falls
- peer support groups where seniors can meet and share their ideas and stories, give and receive support to each other and share resources.
- diverse events where seniors come to learn and engage with others.
For more information please call:
- Megan Hart, Manager Community Engagement 416.595.9230 x 332
- Rodrigo Briones (Spanish-speaking seniors) 416-216-8460
- Maryan Ali (Somali) 416-585-2044
- Mehrangiz Pournaseh (Iranian seniors) 647-960-0351
- Rabila Attai (Afghan seniors) 416-586-9780 ext 427
The Latino Hispanic Community Engagement Program
The Latino Hispanic Community Engagement Program bring to you pertinent, relevant, and accurate information necessary in the reality of Toronto, Ontario and Canada.
- Broadcasts weekly a video podcast in Spanish to keep our seniors connected with current information, public health announcements, promoting healthy lifestyles and community well being. Please check out this link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcWmm1C1lACYKAlrX00ybqA
- Call the Latino Hispanic Community Facilitator, Rodrigo Briones, to participate in the virtual groups.